Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anthropologie at Christmas time

I went to Anthropologie the other day. It was my first time at the new location in Kenwood Towne Centre, and I had the excuse of getting lost there as I was accompanying Ryan to do his Christmas shopping and he needed me to get lost while he ordered my gift (something engraved, but that's all I know.) To say that Anthropologie is my favorite store is a gross understatement. "Anthropologie is my favorite thing" comes closer to encapsulating my feelings for the place. It is completely my aesthetic in every way, it inspires me always; when I walk through a store, I feel like I'm walking through my own mind, browsing through half-formed ideas I never got around to.

So, anyway, on this trip I was particularly taken with the decor, which is all done up for winter (my favorite season) and I took some photos. I didn't take photos of clothes actually, though I did fall completely head-over-heels in love with this nearly-$300 coat that I will never own. (It's sort of a cape shape and just lovely.


Here are the photos I took:

This chair appeared to be made from radiator pieces (how literally cozy)

I'm a sucker for deer (especially bucks) and this patchwork one is so in the opposite spirit of those awful hunting "trophies." It's antlers are made from wooden coat hangers.

This "fireplace" made from books was truly amazing. I had to photograph it in pieces, but hopefully you get the idea.



And on a totally different note, for fun (and in the spirit of anti-fashion), I thought I'd post some pictures of the geeky outfits Ryan and I wore to go sledding the other day. Geeky, but warm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment