Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, February 21, 2011

Planning a floral and lace dress for a spring wedding

With my brother's wedding coming in May, I've been putting some thought into what to wear. It's going to be an incredibly important and festive day, so I want to express my celebratory feelings at such a joyous and momentous time with something special.

Also, the wedding will be outdoors in Hocking Hills, near amish country, where it's really beautiful, and, since it's springtime (and since I'm me), florals are coming to mind.

So, one of the things I'm considering is making a special dress for the event. I have an idea of one to make, inspired by this look from Erdem's Spring 2011 collection that I so love.

Whether I ultimately wear what I make to the wedding or not, will depend on how I feel about it when it's done, but I'm going to make it no matter what. Here's my plan:

-basic floral shift
-white lace rounded yoke in front
-white lace three-quarter-length sleeves with elastic incased in cuffs

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment