Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter premier, party, and costumes

IMG_8316

So, a few days ago I went to the Harry Potter premier with friends and then last night went to a party with even more friends. I realized as I was putting together my costume, just how much navy, gray and black I have. I honestly could have put together five Ravenclaw uniforms, instead of just one. Here's what I ended up deciding on . . .

IMG_8305
IMG_8307
IMG_8312
IMG_8350IMG_8347IMG_8344
IMG_8329
IMG_8305
IMG_8366



A-line skirt: The Limited (also seen here)
Argyle knee socks: Target
Eyelet Brogues/oxfords: a gift (seen recently here)
Button-up shirt: thrifted
Night sky necktie: my dad's closet
Mens waistcoat/vest: thrifted (seen in my first ever blog post here)
Blue blazer with gold buttons: thrifted
Plaid headband: It's a mystery (I've had it forever)

* * *

I made firewhiskey for the party and it was a hit. I made it by mixing roughly equal parts of bourbon and cinnamon schnapps.
IMG_8385
IMG_8393


* * *

Here are some of my friends' awesome costumes . . .

Jessie as Luna Lovegood (Will as a random student)
Luna was recently a Fictional Fashion Icon.
IMG_8262
IMG_8269


Leah and Corey as Tonks and Sirius
IMG_8258

Jenny as Professor Trelawney
IMG_8253

Nicole as Hedwig, perched on a little stump
IMG_8401

The party was awesome. They're were some incredible fire pits - a big one in the back yard and a smaller one in the forbidden forrest.

IMG_8402
IMG_8406
IMG_8413
IMG_8417

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. Some fabulous costumes there, very convincing. Hedwig is such a cute idea

    http://gingerchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete