Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Thursday, October 6, 2011

What I wore today 10/06/2011 (Dandy)

Even though it's well into fall, I somehow ended up with nails that look like Easter eggs. Oh well. Still good colors if somewhat out of season.

IMG_2000

I think I look a bit like a dandy today with my ruffled shirt and velvet blazer. Even though I often wear ultra-girly things, I do love looking a bit androgynous sometimes. (My thoughts on this dichotomy of style here.) There's something about wearing men's clothes that makes a women look even more womanly. Think Marlene Dietrich and Katharine Hepburn if you don't believe me.

The blazer I wore today is one of my most treasured pieces. Many years ago I saw Natalie Portman wearing a velvet blazer of about this color during an interview and I fell in love with it. I looked everywhere for one like it. I was willing to pay a hefty price and expected to. And then, one day, it showed up - the perfect size, color, and fabric - at a thrift store for a couple bucks. Amazing.

IMG_1989
IMG_1961
IMG_1971
IMG_1997
IMG_1979
IMG_1959


Velvet blazer - thrifted
Ruffled chambray shirt - The Limited
Straight-let jeans - Gap
Striped canvas lace-ups - Big Buddha (bought on this trip)

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

0 comments:

Post a Comment