Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Guilty pleasures and strange obsessions

A while back, Elsie Larson of A Beautiful Mess wrote a post about her funny habits and guilty pleasures. She encouraged readers to do similar blog posts of their own, so here's mine.

1. I have an obsession with the Mitford sisters that is reaching a ridiculous threshold.

It started when I bought an 800-page collection of their correspondence on a whim. Immediately after finishing that, I got on Amazon and ordered seven more books either written by a Mitford sister or about one.

Mitford Sisters Books
Mitford Sisters Books

And this doesn't even include Nancy's novels, which are also on my to-read list once I exhaust the non-fiction section of Mitford-related books.

2. I like to stock my freezer with several pints of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.

Well, I never know if I'll be in the mood for Backyard Mint or Queen City Cayenne or Black Coffee, etc. I have been known to eat half a pint in the bathtub, in my bed while watching Downton Abbey, or even in a traffic jam on the way home from Whole Foods (I mean, it could melt!) . In fact, I will go out of my way to stop by Whole Foods just to get Jeni's. It's that good. Also, I met Jeni at a book signing (her amazing cookbook is available here) and I was definitely overly excited and a little star-sturck. Embarrassing but true.

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream

Apparently I'm not the only one obsessed, because someone made this adorable video:

3. I am incapable of book monogamy.

No matter how much I love a book, I always start 5 more before I finish it. These are all the ones I'm juggling right now.

Reading

4. I adore watching wedding shows.

I've actually been a bit obsessed with weddings since I was a little. I wasn't into planning my own wedding, like you always hear girls do; I was obsessed with going to one because I'd never been. In fact, I never got to go to a wedding until I was 19 years old and a friend of mine got married.

Four Weddings
My Fair Wedding
Say Yes to the Dress

5. I am obsessed with taking photos of my cat, August.

He's just so damn photogenic, I can't help but take tons of pictures of him and then come up with reasons to post them on my blog . . . like pretty much what I'm doing right now.

August
August sleeping in Ryan's drawer
August's birthday
August
Looks like we're all stocked up on peanut butter, Triscuits, and ... cat tails.
Auggie is the mayor of Box City.
A sphere of perfect cuteness
August

Follow Fashion is Evolution

Follow fashionisevo on Twitter

Enter your email address:

1 comment:

  1. Celeste,

    Is there any way you could list out the Mitford Sisters books? I can't read all the tit and authors and you have me VERY intrigued. LAtely I am all about anything British. Are you familiar with Persephone Books based in London. THey publish out of print novels by women mostly British. I have more than a few I am drooling over.

    LOVE the pics of your kitty :) I just got a new cat. Her name is Gertie and she is almost 5 years old. She was originally in a Boston shelter and ended up here in an Iowa shelter. She is so petite she looks like a kitten. She is so gentle and loving and we are enamored with her already. She follows Josh around lol. And that ice cream.... geez yet ANOTHER reason I need to be back in Cinti ;) Congrats on the apartment. I can't wait to see pics! :)

    ReplyDelete