Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, April 20, 2012

DI(fr)Yday: How to make felt heart bookmarks

How to make felt heart bookmarks
How to make felt heart bookmarks

Since I am utterly incapable of book monogamy, I always have several half-read books lying around, and sometimes I don't have enough bookmarks to keep my place in all of them.

So, when I saw this simple heart-shaped bookmark on Pinterest, I knew it was the perfect project for some of the felt I had leftover after making Barrett's mobile


How to make felt heart bookmarks

I chose to sew my bookmarks by hand with embroidery thread, which is a bit more decorative than the near-invisible machine-made stitches of the bookmarks that inspired me. I also chose to make them a different color on each side, for a quirky twist. What do you think?

This is a very simple, and quick project, and the bookmarks would make great gifts, favors, or stocking stuffers. 


The one tip I would make sure to follow, is to assure that your hearts make a right angle so that they'll fit snugly over you book pages. This is easiest done by cutting them of of the corner of your piece of felt.

How to make felt heart bookmarks
How to make felt heart bookmarks
How to make felt heart bookmarks


Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

1 comment:

  1. well I feel dumb for never thinking of something like that! it's such a clever idea & looks super cute :)

    hope you had a great weekend! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter. amyreneonline.com}

    ReplyDelete