Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Friday, December 21, 2012

My giftwrap of choice: brown paper packages tied up with strings

Gift wrap

The last few Christmases, I've had a lot of people to wrap gifts for. Therefor, I've tried to keep my wrapping style streamlined and elegant yet still handmade and rustic looking. My favorite technique is to use simple brown paper tied up with burlap string. To keep this classic look from being too dull, I like add a fun accent or decoration. Two years ago, I tied on pinecones and bundles of cinnamon sticks (as see here); this year, I added minty tie-on gift tags from Anthropologie. 

How are you wrapping gifts this year?

Gift wrap

Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I have done newspaper in the past. I also have done brown paper bags and drew on the names of recipients with colored pencils.

    ReplyDelete