Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Monday, March 4, 2013

One week of wedding "pinspiration"


I've been wanting to share my wedding "pinspiration" with you for a while. Even though I haven't made big steps in preparing for my wedding yet (no venue locked down, but I've still got 11 months to go) I have done a lot of work in my head.

That sounds weird, but the way I prepare for any create initiative (writing a story, sewing a dress, opening an Etsy shop) is that I take some time (often a lot of time) to think about what I want and picture it all in my head. Since I knew this to be a big part of my creative process (and I knew that planning a wedding would be perhaps my most fun creative project to date), I allowed myself plenty of time. Our full engagement is about a year and a half, and I've used 7 months of that in this process.

Pinterest is such a great tool for this kind of creative planning. I found it to be extremely helpful in keeping track of my decorating ideas when we moved into our apartment, and it's very helpful for keeping track of wedding ideas too. 

Of course, some of the things I've pinned to my wedding board are just for fun. In another world, I might be having a warm-weather wedding in a barn with lots of craspedia. As it is, none of those things will be making an appearance at my real world wedding, but I found them so beautiful that I had to pin.

Nor will we be getting married in a circus tent or having a rhubarb cake. But how could I not pin those lovely ideas?

I'm sure those of you who follow me on Pinterest have seen a lot of my wedding board already, but I thought it would be nice to share some of my thoughts behind the images, some of the decisions I've made, and the decisions I'm working on making. 

So, all week long, I'll be bringing you posts with my ideas for different aspects of my wedding: tomorrow, the decor; Wednesday, the style; Thursday, the party; and Friday, the details.


Join me on: facebook // twitter // bloglovin // pinterest // instagram

0 comments:

Post a Comment