Bookish and Belle banner (without tabs) Outfits Recipes Crafts Home Wedding

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

UC DAAP's Senior Fashion Show 2013

DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013

Last week was the DAAP fashion show. DAAP is The University of Cincinnati's department of Design, Art, Architecture, and Planning (as in city planning).

My friend Megan's younger sister Kelli is a fashion design student there, and Megan invited me to tag along. Kelli is only a junior, so she wasn't showing a full collection, but the swing coat she showed was gorgeous, so I'm looking forward to seeing her collection next year.

And, yes, it's the same Megan whose Master's of Music recital we went to the week before -- man, is that a talented family! It was nice to visit my alma mater twice in two weeks. I'm somewhat nostalgia-prone and get a bit touched even just driving by campus, so being on campus right before graduation time was pretty cool. Also it's one of the most beautiful campuses in the country (see DAAP), so I'm always happy to be there.

Seeing all the senior's collections was interesting. There was a huge variety both in terms of style and in quality. Some of the work absolutely blew me away. Congratulations to all the graduates!

Note: Lower resolution photos are stills from the monitors. They had a much better viewpoint than me, so I mixed their perspective in with my own. 

DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013
DAAP Senior Fashion Show 2013

signature color

0 comments:

Post a Comment